On the occasion that Valencia is World Food Capital in 2017, Photon Festival with the support and sponsorship of Quinua Real, has created a new thematic prize for the best documentary report on the situation of food and agriculture in the world.
Quinua Real was born with the objective of offering high quality organic food and developing products that improve the lives of consumers and the environment. With this prize, Quinua Real will award a work that will raise awareness about the importance of food and the risk situation in which we live and feed.
Those who aim to participate in the Open Call must meet the following requirements:
1. Only over 18 years regardless of their nationality or place of residence
2. No works with more than two years will be accepted unless they are still in the process of creation. Those works published in the author’s website for self promotion will be eligible.
3. The author is responsible for all liabilities arising from potential claims by third party rights related but not limited to intelectual property and rights over the images and/or claims from the people pictured on the stories, whether natural or legal persons exonerating the organisation of PhotOn Festival from any responsibility derivative thereof.
4. The prerequisite for the delivery of the prize is the presence of the winner of #QuinuaRealAwardPhotonGrant. The festival takes care of its transfers to the festival as long as these are in European territory. In case the winner is unable to attend it is mandatory to send a representative
Documentary photojournalism or social work will only be accepted, so those which do not meet this important and essential requirement will be immediately excluded.
All the participants accept to be part of the PhotOn Newsletter to keep them informed of the latest news and informations about the festival. PhotOn Festival agrees not to sell the data to third parties.
The 5 finalists accept to grant the use of 4 of their images presented to the PhotOn Festival Organisation in order to use them in media and all kind of communication and saying always that it has to be published in the context of the Festival and to promote both the autor and the festivalsocial media, promotion of the authors and self promotion of the Festival.
REGISTRATION/ PROJECT SUBMISSION: OPEN CALL ENTRIES
Submissions must be done through the form in the following link: www.photonfestival.com/form-grant-photon. The deadline for submission will end at 23:59:59 on March 31, 2017 Spanish Time (GMT +1). DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL APRIL 10TH
The author has the possibility to submit a single photographic series or a story. · Digital files must match jpeg 1500 pixels on the longest side. 20 images max and 15 as minimum, all belonging to the same story or series. Brief bio of the author and CV, as well as a brief text about the work is needed. If applicable, indicating at least the title of the series. No submission will be accepted on video format or any other format not described in these terms.
For the participation in the VII PHOTON FESTIVAL GRANT, a price for participation of 15€ has been set.
After the deadline for admission, Photon Festival will select 5 finalists to be announced on social networks as of April 15, 2017.
The choice of the winning work will be a decision of the management members of Quinua Real advised by the organization of Photon Festival.
PHOTON FESTIVAL AWARDS VII
The prize will consist of a metallic contribution of € 1000 made by Quinua Real.
The jury, made up of members of management of Quinua Real and the organization of PhotOn Festival will value:
· Theme Unit of the set and how the formal and technical choice match the story
· Quality, consistency and coherence of the proposal.
February 03th 2017: Call entry and open registration period.
March 31st, 2017: Closing date for registration and collection of applications. DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL APRIL 10TH
April 05th, 2017: Communication of the 5 finalists. EXTENDED TO APRIL 15TH
April 15, 2017: Communication via email winner of the prize. EXTENDED TO APRIL 22TH
6 May 2017: Official awards communication.
Participation in the QUINUA REAL AWARD PHOTON GRANT presupposes the acceptance of the rules that govern it and are exposed publicly in this call. For any doubts or clarifications about them, you can contact the organization by email email@example.com
Simply by participating, photographer credited authoring all pictures and none of them in any way contravenes any public or private law.
PhotOn Festival reserves the right to reject applications that do not meet the requirements and conditions specified in this call